The Association of Police Social Services (APSS) is a not-for-profit corporation in the state of Illinois. The APSS recognizes police social work as a specialization within the mental health field. The APSS is a group of mental health professionals dedicated to the development, practice, and enhancement of social services provided within police department settings. This corporation endorses quality services provided by its members within their respective communities.
The APSS is a corporation established for the purpose of:
- Providing a forum for networking among APSS members.
- Promoting awareness of police social work.
- Supporting the continued professional development of its members.
- Serving as a centralized resource on police social work.
- Serve as a coordinating body to identify and address emerging professional needs.
Board of Directors
- President – Eileen Molloy Langdon, Carol Stream Police Department
- Vice-President – Brittany Wilson, Buffalo Grove Police Department
- Secretary – Nicole Rodriguez, Streamwood Police Department
- Treasurer – Alana Bak, McHenry County Sheriff’s Office